WAHO is organizing in Bobo-Dioulasso, an internal meeting for all the Professional Officers in charge Reproductive Health and Family Planning projects and programs.
The two-day meeting (5-6 February 2019) aims to:
- Present the various programs, projects and ongoing RH / FP interventions within WAHO.
- Identify common interventions for a synergy of actions for greater efficiency.
- Propose a consensual list of tracer indicators and a Monitoring & Evaluation mechanism to measure progress in program and project implementation.
- Define a consultation framework and operating procedures.
- Develop a dashboard to track key indicators at the country level
The various programs, projects and ongoing interventions in RH / FP within WAHO include:
- Health and Reproduction Regional Program (PRSR) funded by KFW
- The Moving Maternal, Newborn and Child Evidence Project Into Policy in West Africa "MEP" funded by IDRC
- The Sahel Women Empowerment and Demographic Dividend project (SWEDD) funded by the World Bank
- The Demography and Sexual and Reproduction Health Program (DEMSAN) with funding from the Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- The Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents and Young People (SRHAY) project with funding from the Royal Netherlands
- The project "Investment in Youth Engagement & Family Planning for Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health in ECOWAS region (IYAFP) with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation